“Facebook Details Data Sharing,” The Wall Street Journal, July 2, 2018 A1. Facebook “expands” its answer to the question, “Who else saw our data?” Apparently, a lot more people than Facebook said originally. A bunch of special deals and exemptions from Facebook’s “policy.”
So, apparently Facebook does not have a personal relationship with the truth, but they sure have your information.
One expects further revelations in the months ahead.
- Lying is not an effective communications strategy
- When you’re being investigated, either tell the truth or say “I don’t know.”
- The only person who can grant an exception to a policy is the person who issued the policy (or their superior)
- Strictly enforce your company policies, or they won’t help much
- Treat my data with as much care as you treat your data