“How the Hacking Scandal At Sony Changes the Picture,” Wall Street Journal, February 10, 2015 R4. Takeaways from the Sony hack:
- Breach was not particularly sophisticated.
- Discovering the breach early is critical to limiting damage
- Government trails industry
- Raising awareness is a good thing
- Financial and defense industries the biggest targets
The depressing part was the statement that the hacking is unavoidable. Or refreshing, because then you can focus on the secondary and tertiary lines of defense.