Yesterday’s Wall Street Journal has a special report on information technology. Wall Street Journal, October 21, 2013 Section R, http://on.wsj.com/1gynMxG.
- Wearable technology – new technologies gather more information and speed up delivery; new uses
- Reuse of technology – new (?) finding that sharing existing technology is more efficient than building new
- Downside of Big Data – who knows how to use the new analytical tools?; impact on internal politics; new metrics affect behavior; how to use; requires new thinking framework
- Tools to assist collaboration – sharing is key, but must fit how people actually work
- Protection from threats inside the wall – how to identify and prevent risky behavior
- Dealing with departing/departed employees – information theft a lot easier; tools to detect; who has access to what
- How to help new employees learn your technology – one-to-one training works best
What information nuggets do these address? Certainly KM in a big way. Improving use is another. Protecting is a third.